ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course Online
Aim of the ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course
ISO 15189 is the internationally recognized standard relating to the competence of medical laboratories. It specifies criteria for the development and assessment of management systems and laboratory technical controls that provide confidence in the results obtained. The standard covers the medical laboratory services including examination requests, patient preparation, sample collection, transport and storage, processing, examination of clinical samples, interpretation, and advice in addition to consideration of safety and ethics relating to clinical work.
The ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course online will equip delegates with effective auditing techniques and increase their understanding of audit methodologies to assess against ISO 15189 in order to ensure continued compliance. Individuals will learn how to determine improvements, professionally report findings, and implement corrective action programs. This online internal auditor training has been designed to give you the necessary skills to perform internal audits of a medical laboratory in accordance with the requirements of ISO 15189.
About the ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course Online
The primary aim of the ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Training Course online is for individuals to grasp the fundamentals of auditing in order to plan, conduct, and manage an internal audit of the Quality Management System for clinical or medical laboratories. This training also aids students to grasp the essential ideas of ISO 15189 standards in accordance with ISO 19011. Furthermore, the Internal Auditor Course for ISO 15189 helps participants become competent internal auditors.
Who Can Attend this Course?
- Quality Managers
- Companies seeking ISO 15189 certification
- Existing internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices
- Laboratory staff and technicians
- Pathologists, microbiologists, and biochemists
- Supplier Quality Auditors who need to evaluate clinical laboratory services
- Prepare, conduct, and follow-up on ISO 15189 audit activities
- Improve career prospects in medical laboratory management
- Gain the skills to assess an organization's capability to manage its QMS
- Be able to write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
Overview of ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course Online
- Overview of ISO 15189
- Requirements of ISO 15189
- Audit definition, types, and concepts
- Auditing guidelines (ISO 19011)
- Audit report preparation and as well as checklist preparation
- Follow-up procedures for internal audit
- Roles and responsibilities of an internal auditor
What Prior Knowledge Should I Have?
It is highly recommended that you have prior knowledge of the following concepts before attending the ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course online:
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle
- Basic knowledge of the requirements of ISO 15189 standard
- Commonly used terms and definitions
Individuals are recommended to take the ISO 15189 Foundation Course online prior to taking this course to understand the concepts of ISO 15189.
Self-Learning ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course Online
This form of training is suitable for individuals who are working professionals. You get 30 days of online access to the course materials and can finish the course at your own speed.
The following course material and activities will be provided:
- Online Learning Modules
- Interactive activities to develop an understanding of key concepts
- Quizzes at the end of learning modules for continuous assessment
- Standard copies
- Delegate course reference materials (downloadable for offline use)
- Online examination at the end of the course to achieve internal auditor certification
- Online/Email support for any questions or clarifications
EAS has devised a lesson plan that is taught in a step-by-step order, guiding you through each topic so that you can understand all of the key concepts to become a successful ISO 15189 Internal Auditor.
Assessment and Certification
The ISO 15189 Internal Auditor course online assesses the candidate at the end of the training session through an Online Examination.
The final exam will have 3 sections:
- Section A: 10 objective questions carrying one mark each.
- Section B: 4 short answer questions, each carrying five marks.
- Section C: Two audit scenario case studies carrying ten marks each.
Criteria for successful completion: The evaluation of this course will be based on the scores obtained on the final examination. A minimum score of 70% should be achieved on the final exam to receive a course completion certificate.
To learn more about the ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Course Online, please refer to the frequently asked questions.
Ready to enroll? Click here to register for ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Training!