ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course Online
Aim of the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course
The ISO 27001:2013 standard provides guidelines for an information security management system (ISMS) to manage, identify, and control the security threat that may affect an organization’s confidential information. The ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course online provided by EAS will help individuals optimize their auditing skills and boost their internal audit capabilities. This course will provide guidance in planning and performing an effective audit, as well as reporting and taking corrective action where necessary to ensure the proper implementation of an ISMS.
The course objective is to enable individuals to understand the key concepts in information security management system auditing and to enhance their internal auditing skills to become certified ISO 27001 internal auditors. The ISO 27001 internal auditor course online also helps participants plan, conduct, and manage internal audits of an organization following ISO 19011- Principles & Guidelines of Auditing.
Who Can Attend the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course Online?
- Any individual who wishes to become a competent internal auditor for ISMS
- Top management & Process Owners
- Consultants of ISMS
- Risk & Compliance Managers
- Information Security Managers & Engineers.
If you don’t have any prior knowledge about ISO 27001 or ISO in general, but wish to learn, then you can refer to our ISO foundation courses and the ISO 27001 foundation course online.
- Interpret the standard requirements of ISO 27001:2013 and how it applies to the process of ISMS.
- Discover the interrelationships between various components of an ISMS, including people, processes, and technology.
- Understanding of risk analysis for information security management system auditing.
- Improve your audit skills by refining your expertise in implementing a set of audit steps under a wide range of circumstances.
- Become a certified ISMS internal auditor and become familiar with common auditing terms used in the industry.
- Learn how to communicate effectively while conducting inter-organizational audits.
- Have the capability to prepare and maintain the mandatory documents for an organization to achieve ISO 27001 certification.
- Qualifies an Individual to participate in the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course
What is Covered in the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course Online?
- Module 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System
- Module 2: Auditing Information Security risk management
- Module 3: Structure & Overview of ISO 27001:2013 requirements
- Module 4: Audit concepts
- Module 5: Planning & conducting an internal audit
- Module 6: Reporting and following-up an internal ISMS audit
What Prior Knowledge Should I Have?
It will be an added advantage if you possess basic prior knowledge of the following concepts:
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle
- Basic knowledge of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standards
- Commonly used terms and definitions
- Knowledge of your organization's operations and processes
Self-Learning Mode for ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course Online
This mode of learning of ISO 27001 internal auditor course online is suitable for individuals who are working professionals. This course is flexible, self-paced, and gives you access to the course content for 30 days. The following course materials and activities will be provided:
- Online Learning Modules
- Interactive activities to develop an understanding of key concepts
- Quizzes at the end of learning modules for continuous assessment
- Standard copies
- Delegate course reference materials (downloadable for offline use)
- Online examination at the end of the course to achieve internal auditor certification
- Online/Email support for any questions or clarifications
This ISO 27001 course is organized in a logical order, with step-by-step instructions to ensure that you comprehend all ideas. The courses begin with basic principles that gradually become more challenging as you continue through the subject, ensuring that you have in-depth knowledge.
Assessment and Certification
The ISO 27001 Internal Auditor course online assesses the candidate at the end of the training session through an Online Examination.
The final exam will have 3 sections:
- Section A: 10 objective questions carrying one mark each.
- Section B: 4 short answer questions, each carrying five marks.
- Section C: Two audit scenario case studies carrying ten marks each.
Criteria for successful completion: The evaluation of this course will be based on the scores obtained on the final examination. A minimum score of 70% should be achieved on the final exam to receive a course completion certificate.
To learn more about the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course Online, please refer to the frequently asked questions.
Ready to enroll? Click here to register for ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Training!