SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course Online
Aim of the SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course
Social Accountability 8000, or SA 8000 as it is often known, is a socially-oriented standard. It was developed in 1997 and provides a framework for socially responsible practices within companies, including labor conditions and environmental impact. This course will introduce the SA 8000 standard and relate to its application at an operational level. The SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course online aids attendees in comprehending the standards of SA 8000 as well as the significance of Social Accountability Management in the workplace. Additionally, the SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course educates internal auditors on how to conduct successful SA 8000 compliance audits of their own firms.
Who Can Attend?
This course is aimed at those who want to understand the scope of SA 8000 and how to apply it, including:
- Top Management
- Human Resource Managers
- Internal Compliance or Sustainability Personnel
- Any personnel involved in Supplier/Manpower Contractor Selection
- Any personnel involved in making decisions that affect the social performance of the workplace.
Benefits of SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course Online
- Assist an organization to be SA 8000 compliant
- Become a more effective internal auditor
- Strengthen an organization from outside scrutiny
- Helps to create a better working environment by guiding organizations toward achieving SA 8000 compliance
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
What is Covered?
- Introduction to Social Accountability Management
- Overview of SA 8000
- Requirements of SA 8000
- Audit definition, types, and concepts
- Auditing guidelines (ISO 19011)
- Audit report preparation and as well as checklist preparation
- Follow-up procedures for internal audit
- Roles and responsibilities of an internal auditor
What Prior Knowledge Should I Have?
It will be an added advantage if you possess basic prior knowledge of the HR policies related to personnel at the workplace and labor laws applicable to the working conditions and environment. For individuals that are new to the SA 8000 standard, it is recommended to take the SA 8000 Foundation Course online offered by EAS.
At the end of this SA 8000 Internal Auditor course online, participants shall be able to:
- Understand and explain the philosophy and intent behind SA 8000 standard.
- Describe how SA 8000 can be used in supplier/ contractor selection procedures.
- Understand how to plan for internal audits on SA 8000.
- Can identify how to conduct internal audits on SA 8000.
- Know the basics of writing Audit reports and follow-up actions following non-conformity.
Self-Learning Mode for SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course Online
This mode of learning of SA 8000 internal auditor course online is suitable for individuals who are working professionals. This course is flexible, self-paced, and gives you access to the course content for 30 days. The following course materials and activities will be provided:
- Online Learning Modules
- Develop knowledge of essential ideas through interactive activities
- Quizzes at the end of learning modules for continuous assessment
- Standard copies
- Delegate course reference materials (downloadable for offline use)
- Online examination at the end of the course to achieve internal auditor certification
- Online/Email support for any questions or clarifications
The SA 8000 course is organized in a logical order, with step-by-step instructions to ensure that you comprehend all ideas. The courses begin with basic principles that gradually become more challenging as you continue through the subject, ensuring that you have in-depth knowledge.
Assessment and Certification
The SA 8000 Internal Auditor course online assesses the candidate at the end of the training session through an Online Examination.
The final exam will have 3 sections:
Section A: 10 objective questions carrying one mark each.
Section B: 4 short answer questions, each carrying five marks.
Section C: Two audit scenario case studies carrying ten marks each.
Criteria for successful completion: The evaluation of this course will be based on the scores obtained on the final examination. A minimum score of 70% should be achieved on the final exam to receive a course completion certificate.
To learn more about the SA 8000 Internal Auditor Course Online, please refer to the frequently asked questions.
Ready to enroll? Click here to register for SA 8000 Internal Auditor Training!