ISO 15189 Training Online
Aim of ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Training
ISO 15189 is the international standard for medical laboratory testing competence. It provides guidelines for the creation and evaluation of management systems and technical controls that provide confidence in results obtained. The guideline covers medical laboratory services, such as requests for examinations, patient preparation, sample collection, transportation and storage, processing, clinical specimen examination, interpretation, and safety and ethics while performing clinical work.
EAS offers this ISO 15189 training online which will equip delegates with effective auditing techniques and increase their understanding of audit methodologies to assess against ISO 15189. The purpose of this course is to ensure individuals can determine improvements, professionally report findings, and implement corrective action programs within their clinical or medical laboratories. This ISO 15189 training online course has been designed to give you the necessary skills to perform internal audits in a medical laboratory following the requirements of ISO 15189.
Who Can Attend this ISO 15189 Training Online?
- Quality Managers
- Laboratory technicians
- Companies seeking ISO 15189 certification
- Existing internal auditors who are looking to expand their skills in the area of laboratory practices
- Supplier quality auditors who need to evaluate clinical laboratory services
What are the Benefits of Attending this Course?
• Prepare, conduct, and follow-up on ISO 15189 internal audit activities
• Identify the benefits and requirements of an ISO 15189 audit
• Gain the skills to assess a medical laboratory’s capability to manage its QMS
• Be able to write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
What is Covered?
- Review of quality management system terms and definitions
- Overview of the ISO 15189 standard
- Planning and conducting an ISO internal audit
- Writing, reporting, and follow-up of non-conformities
- Real-time audit non-conformity scenarios
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors
- Preparing audit checklists and audit reports
What Prior Knowledge Should I Have?
It is highly recommended that you have prior knowledge of the following concepts:
• The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle
• Basic knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 15189 standard
• Commonly used ISO terms and definitions
Individuals can take an ISO 15189 Foundation Course to gain a better understanding of the ISO 15189 standard.
Virtual Learning Mode for ISO 15189 Internal Auditor Training Online
Candidates will learn ISO 15189 Training Online through a virtual learning mode. It is a 2-day (16 hours) course program, in which training sessions will be carried out by our experienced lead auditors through zoom meetings. The ISO 15189 training online through EAS contains the following:
- Interactive Learning Modules guided by professional tutors
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Group activities and exercises
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Training videos with insights on audit perspectives
- Downloadable e-Booklet of Course Material for offline use
- 24/7 Online Support & Email Service (for queries)
- Online Examination
The final exam will have 3 sections:
Section A: will contain 10 objective questions carrying one mark each.
Section B: will have 4 short answer questions, each carrying five marks.
Section C: Two audit scenario case studies carrying ten marks each.
Criteria for Successful Completion
A minimum score of 70% on the final online examination will be needed to successfully pass this course. All successful candidates will be issued an ISO 15189 Internal Auditor certificate.
To learn more about the ISO 15189 Training Online, please refer to the frequently asked questions.
Ready to enroll? Click here to register for ISO 15189 internal auditor training! EAS also offers the advanced ISO 15189 Lead Auditor Course Online!